3 Day TEACCH – Training 16th to 18th March 2020 – West Hill School, Leatherhead, Surrey
The Foundations in Autism is a 3 Day TEACCH workshop that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with Autism the principles of Structured TEACCHing.
Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence and capitalise on the individual’s strengths.
Participants will also learn behaviour management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions and small group activities as well as presenter from the University.
- At the completion of the training, participants will be able to Identify characteristics of Autism
- Design the physical organisation of learning spaces for students with Autism
- Develop individualised schedules and work systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes independence with educational activities
- Problem solve behaviours using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is TEACCH ® sponsored training and is designed for educators, psychologists, speech language therapists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for teaching children with Autism.