3 Day TEACCH Training
The Foundations in Autism is a 3 Day workshop that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) & Structured TEACCHing. Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding of the symptoms and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence and capitalize on the individual’s strengths. Participants will also learn behaviour management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions and small group activities.
- At the completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Design the physical organization of learning spaces for students with ASD
- Develop individualized schedules and work systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes independence with educational activities
- Problem solve behaviours using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for teaching elementary through high school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form.
£450 per delegate